We are Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America.
We face the future with warm Courage and high Hope.
We have the clear conciousness of seeking old and precious values.
We are the builders of homes.
Homes for America's future.
Homes where living will be the expression of everything that is good and fair.
Homes where truth and love and security and faith will be realities, not dreams.
We are the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America.
We face the future with warm courage and high hope.
To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life though:
1. Character development
2. Creative and critical thinking
3. Interpersonal communications
4. Practical knowledge
5. Career preparation
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) is a national nonprofit Career and Technical Student Organization for young men and women in Family and Consumer Sciences education in public and private schools through grade 12. FCCLA provides The Ultimate Leadership Experience to more than 220,000 student members and 7,000 teachers advisers from 50 state associations including Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands.
1. To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
2. To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society.
3. To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
4. To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve globla cooperation and harmony.
5. To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
FCCLA was founded in 1945 in Chicago, Illinois.
Flower: Red Rose which symbolizes joy in everyday living
Colors: Red which symbolizes Strength and courage
White which symbolizes sincerity and integrity